Friday, May 16, 2008

Caldari Mining/Producer

Instead of looking for a crate to blast into oblivion I've started fresh as a miner/producer. To help me out I used this Character Creation Guide article from Eve-wiki.net. The guide is slightly dated with the current Eve build, so with a bit of attribute attentiveness I had made sure that I selected options that upped my mining skills.

Once my new toon was created I started with what I had expected a very long tutorial session, much like a couple of years ago. Back then I believe it took me two hours to go through the tutorials and I was overwhelmed with the depth of the game. This time CCP has done an amazing job of tweaking the starting tutorials to make it quick to get through and then started on missions. It's really the starter missions that fill in the gaps from the initial tutorial. After starting on those missions I had reviewed my characters skills. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had skills trained up in a few relevant areas and two trained up to level 5. So right off the bat I'm already got half the skills of my previous PvP character. Very nice!

During the initial ten starter missions I was performing tasks related to my skills. I was sent off to do mining, refining, invention, and production. It was all very different from my previous character. I loved it. It reminded me of my WoW experience, where I've always played a dps character. In that game I had changed my main to a healer and feel that I've found my niche. In WoW I absolutely love being a healer! Similarly in Eve so far I really enjoy being a miner.

In closing I'm back at it in Eve. I hope to find some new friends and look forward to further challenges that miners face.

No comments: